The XSD to XML transformation functionality is written completely from scratch. This online tool is not based on any other opensource or commercial tool.
To sum up the current status of this XSD transformation tool, here is a quick overview of what it is capable of, and what it can't do right now.
Pros for XSD2XML:
- It can successfully parse valid XSD schema;
- Target XMLs structure is generated as complete as possible;
- user can specify whether to generate only first or all choice elements ('Options' tab);
- user can specify whether to generate optional elements ('Options' tab);
- Most XSD base types are recognized, XML content is generated according to the preset values for respective types:
- default values are used, e.g. for string it is 'str1234', for negativeInteger - '-311', etc.;
- user can specify their own values ('Options' tab);
- limited support for Type restrictions;
Cons for XSD2XML:
- Currently limited support for Type restrictions;
- XSD schema includes are not supported as there is no functionality for file upload;